Friday, January 19, 2018

The Daily Disciple-January 5, 2018 -Get The Word Into Your Life

The Daily Disciple
How to become fruitful
By James H. Park
2018 Daily Devotions for Adult
January- Discipleship
Week 1 - January 1-6 2018
Feed on God’s Word

January 5, 2018  

Get The Word Into Your Life


Your word I have hidden in my heart, that I might not sin against You. Psalm 119:11


When I( the author of the book) was growing up in the 50s and 60s, it became a high priority to get enough milk to the young people of America. The importance of calcium for bone development was increasingly recognized and milk became the means through which this mineral was distributed.


I loved milk a lot and my mother brought special non fat milk just for me because I was a little fat back then. I thought the watered down milk was a little strange, but I drank it anyway because I wanted to please my mom.


Two rather different milk-related products that came to back then were concentrated milk and flavored straws. I don’t know how they did it, but to save room in the refrigerator, you could buy this black carton of concentrated milk and then add tree parts water to make the proper consistency. I think it was called three-in-one milk and I remember it sitting in our refrigerator many times because there were five in the family.


The other product was flavored straws. Millions of moms packed these strawberry or chocolate-flavored straws in their kids lunches. As the milk would go through the straw it would pick u the flavor. The straws were not very efficient and sometimes you would get a lot of flavor and sometimes none.


I really wish that as much time and effort were put into making products that delivered the word of God into our lives. Just as we need our daily calcium, we need that daily Word.


Three-in-one milk and flavored straws were designed to get milk into life. I would like to challenge each of us today to do whatever it takes to get precious, life nourishing, life-changing Word into our life and the lives of others today. Getting that spiritual food into our hearts is no doubt the most important thing we can do each day.



I would like to hear your experience or testimonials.

Just comment bellow.

No comments:

Featured Post

E-Portfolio

  Hi! I am DM Born in 1988 in the City of Manila, but raised and grew up in the province of Marinduque.  I have passed the Civil Service E...